Our History

Central Baptist Church of Mansfield, Texas, was founded in September 1, 1950 by Reverend Wayne and Mrs. Bobbie Jackson.  The first meeting place was a store front on Main St.  The walls were covered with cardboard, and there were wooden benches for seating.  Rev. Jackson was attending the Bible Baptist Seminary in Fort Worth, Texas.  Two of his classmates, Rev. John McGill and Rev. James Beck and their wives, Lovera McGill and Elinor Beck, came to help the Jackson's.

In 1953, Rev. Jackson left Central Baptist Church to build Hope Haven, a home for recovering alchoholics, in Jefferson, GA, where he served until his death.  Rev. John McGill, left CBC to Pastor in Sunset, Texas.  Rev. and Mrs. James Beck left CBC to Pastor in Oklahoma.

On June 30, 1953, Reverend Samuel and Mrs. Billie Rowlett were called to Central Baptist.  Brother Rowlett also attended Bible Baptist Seminary, in Fort Worth.  When Brother Rowlett was called as Pastor, the members were still meeting on Main St. and shortly, thereafter, he leased the old Memorial Hall on the corner of Main and Broad Streets.  He was soon joined by classmates Rev. Richard Davidson and Rev. Richard (Dicky) Miller.  These men helped with the Youth Ministry and Visitation.  In 1955, the church moved into the old First Baptist Church building, on East Broad St. which remains its present location.

With each challenge we have encountered, we became stronger in our faith. 
We invite you to become a part of the church today and a piece of its history tomorrow.